Thursday, March 1, 2007

Month 3

It's the 1st of March and I weighed in at the end of February at 293. My March goal is 285. I've moved in two notches on my belt and my pants are getting very loose. I can see and feel many differences as I lose the weight. I still have a long, long way to go but it feels great to be well below 300. I was up to 311 late last year so I'm down 18 pounds so far. That's about 8 to 9 pounds a month. I'm drinking plenty of water and eating well but I still need to exercise more.
Mrs. Surf and I have a trip in two weeks to D.C. and then up to Atlantic City for a few days. It would be easy to splurge and eat too much but I will stay strong for myself and my family. I love my wife and kids and my motivation is to get in shape this year for my health and for them.
I'm planning a special surprise for Mrs. Surf in a few months...shhhhhh...she could possibly see this so I have to be a little careful. I'll tell you about it after the fact, I promise.
My youngest son is graduating from high school in a few months and my oldest son has made me a Grandpa. My oldest is 26 today; Happy Birthday Brent!!
I talked to my daughter today. She is going to be 21 on her next birthday. I am so proud of her. She has her own house already and a steady job and she is in college; you go girl!!!