Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 13

I took my daughter out for her 20th birthday tonight. It was wonderful. Everything went just right and she said it was the best birthday she has ever had; mission accomplished.
We went to an Italian restaurant. I love Italian food but I avoided all the pasta and bread and stuck to the salad and the leanest meat I could find on the menu. I was very careful not to eat too much beforehand because I knew I would eat well tonight. I can already feel a difference in my pants not being as tight as they were but I have a long ways to go. It helps that the guys I eat lunch with are all on a salad kick right now so I don't feel uncomfortable at all ordering one with them.
I'm going in to work very early in the morning and I'm working very late. The cool thing is I'm taking a three hour lunch. I'm going to go get my hair cut at lunch and maybe go by the bookstore and pick up a book or two.
My mind has been just bursting with ideas for the novel and I have to find some time to hammer out a lot of it and get it on paper. I'm going to try to spend a lot of time this week working on it.