Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 5 Continued

I just got home from the grocery store and have everything I need to start my diet in the morning. I weighed in today and here is the result: 308. Sigh.... I topped 300. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall but that's still a lot of weight. My initial goal weight is 225. I'll get there before I decide if I want to lose more. I'm thinking I can drop at least 6-8 pounds a month at the least so my goal for reaching 225 is December 31st. If I get there sooner than that I won't complain.
I'm going to get the diet going for one week before I start a serious workout plan, but I plan on some walking and basic exercise this week.
I'm so happy to be doing something about my weight. I feel more energetic already!! Thanks so much to everyone that has helped me get going with your words of encouragement.