Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 5

A day off from work. Yaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! It's been a long week even with the holiday and it's nice to have a day not to have to travel. I put in a lot of drive time going to and from work. I basically live north of Atlanta and work south of Atlanta so a day off is a nice break.
I had a very strange dream last night. I have a friend that plays in a very famous country artist's band and I dreamed that he called and invited me to a private show at the artist's house in California. When I got there, they were playing and insisted I get on stage with them. After we finished playing, they tried to talk me in to going on the road with them. I told them I needed to at least talk to my wife first but they wanted an answer right then. I woke up so I don't know what I was going to do, but I know if that really happened I would tell them thanks but no thanks. While playing on stage with them would be a dream come true, travelling and being gone on the road from my family would not be. I am at a point in my life where being close to home is important and time spent with family carries a lot of value. My teens are fast approaching adulthood and my oldest son is about to make me a grandpa so I definitely want to be around for all this excitement.